Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Anh – Sở GD & ĐT Hưng Yên .
SỞ GD & ĐT Hưng Yên
ĐỀ THI TUYỂN SINH VÀO LỚP 10
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH
Năm học 2015 – 2016
Thời gian làm bài 60 phút
I. (1,0 point) Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest. Write A, B, C or D on your answer sheet.
|1. A. nothing||B.cover||C.morning||D.done|
|2. A. how||B.town||C.slow||D.power|
|3. A. change||B.chemistry||C.choose||D.cheese|
|4. A. match||B.catch||C.math||D.watch|
|5. A. bread||B.great||C.break||D.steak|
II. (3,0 points) Choose the best word or phrase to complete the following sentences. Write A, B, C or D on your answer sheet.
1. I like reading books tell about different peoples and their
B.whom C. which
2. “Buy me a dictionary on your way back, ?”
A. will you
C. can’t you
3. Mary usually walks to school but today she a bike.
B.rides C. riding
4. She worked hard she passed the exam.
B.if C. because
5. I’ll give you a lift to the station if you in a
C. will be
6. I’m feeling pretty tired. Do you mind me home?
B. took C. take
7. Nam looks much today than
B.well C. better
8. Scientists and engineers have invented devices to remove from industrial
B.pollute C. polluting
9. The dress you bought is of very good It very expensive.
A. may be
C. should have been
D.must have been
10. The Pikes put their trip because of bad
B.up C. out
11. Neither Linh nor her classmates the National Museum so
C. have visited
12. Nga: “You look nervous! ” – Hoa: “This thunder scares me to ”
A. How are you?
C. Why’s that?
13. He was homesick and he all his family and
B.wished C. desired
14. I’m very to you for putting in so much hard
15. If you come to the theatre late, you have to wait until the to get
III. (1,5 points) Read the passage and choose the best option A, B, C or D to answer the question. Write your answers on the answer sheet.
Along with jogging and swimming, cycling is one of the best all-round forms of exercise. It can help to increase your strength and energy, giving you more efficient muscles and a stronger heart. But increasing your strength is not the only advantage of cycling. Because you’re not carrying the weight of your body on your feet, it’s a good form of exercise for people with painful feet or backs. However, with all forms of exercise it’s important to start slowly and build up gently. Doing too much too quickly can damage muscles that aren’t used to working. If you have any doubts about taking up cycling for health reasons, talk to your doctor and ask for his/her advice.
Ideally you should be cycling at least two or three times a week. For the exercise to be doing you good, you should get a little out of breath. Don’t worry that if you begin to lose your breath, it could be dangerous and there must be something wrong with your heart. This is simply not true; shortness of breath shows that the exercise is having the right effect. However, if you find you are in pain then you should stop and take a rest.
1. People with back problems might go cycling because .
A. it enables them to carry the weight of their body on their feet
B.it does not make them carry the weight of their body on their feet
C.it helps to make their backs become stronger
D.it helps them to relieve their backache
2. All forms of exercise must be started .
3. According to the writer, it is best to go cycling .
A. once a week
B.at least two or three times a week
C.at least two or three times a day
4. You should not worry about the shortness of breath because .
A. it shows that there is something wrong with your heart
B.it shows that you should stop and take a rest
C.it is a sign of exercise having the right effect
D.it is a sign of your getting rid of your heart problem
5. Which of the following is NOT included in the advantages of cycling?
A. Giving you a stronger heart
B.Increasing you strength and energy
C.Giving you better muscles
D.Making you look younger
IV. (1,5 points) Fill in each blank with one suitable word. Write your answers on the answer sheet.
Energy is one of the problems that many people are interested in. It is not an unfamiliar word. It is heard, said, discussed day after day. It is close to everyone’s (1) life. You turn on the lamp and it is (2) that gives you light. You turn on a TV and it is energy that gives you pictures and sound. You ride a motorcycle and it is energy that gives you movement. You (3) your meals and it is energy that gives you heat to boil rice.
The problem is that the demand for energy is rising and that the price of energy is getting (4) and higher. The supply of energy on earth is limited. It cannot provide us all forever. The shortage of energy in the future is inevitable. Therefore, (5) energy is a must if we want to continue to live in a safe and sound world.
V. (1,5 points) Complete the following sentences, using the words or phrases suggested. Write your answers on the answer sheet.
1. I / feel / hopeful / that / we / find / suitable house / very
2. She / not / play / piano / well / as / her
3. I wish / could / give you / all the expensive things /
4. You / hear / Maria / since / you / leave school?
5. The people / live / next door to us/ keep / have / all night
VI. (1,5 points) Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. Write your answers on the answer sheet.
1. People are going to build a new library in the
⇒ A new library
2. “Why don’t you take a day off tomorrow?” she said to
⇒ She suggested that
3. The weather is bad so we can’t go
⇒ If the weather
4. He was punished because he behaved
⇒ Because of….
5. The keeper had no sooner opened the case door than the lion attacked