Đề thi học kì 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 năm 2016 – 2017
Listen to a dialogue between Rich (the boy) and Debra (the girl) and decide whether the following statements are True (T) or False (F). (2.0 pts)
- Rich didn’t bring the map.
- It’s going to rain.
- He is hitting his phone because it isn’t working.
- They know where they are.
B.VOCABULARY + GRAMMAR + LANGUAGE FUNTION
I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently. (0.5 pt)
1. A. conserve
2. A. decorate
3. A. funnel
4. A. suggest
5. A. plumber
II. Choose the best option marked A, B, C or D that best completes each unfinished sentence below. (2.5 pts)
1. Before you go to bed, please turn ___________- all the lights.
2. In Western countries, electricity, gas, __________- water are not luxuries.
3. He failed his examination._________, she will have to do the examination again.
4. The car___________he has just bought is very expensive.
5. It’s nice __________- you to say so!
6. She suggested we __________- the school yard every morning.
|A. to clean||B.cleaning||C.cleaned||D.should clean|
7. If the pollution ____________, what _____________?
|A. continues – happen||B.will continue – happens|
|C.continues – will happen||D.will continue – will happen|
8. The children laughed ____________ when they were playing in the yard.
9. I like bananas, ______________- my brother doesn’t.
|A. because||B.but||C.and||D.even though|
10. “That’s a beautiful picture.” – “_________________________”
|A. That’s a good idea.||B.That’s very kind of you.|
|C.Thanks.||D.B & C are correct.|
I. Read the passage carefully then decide whether the following statements are true (T) or false (F). (1.0 pt)
Many people still believe that natural resources will never be used up. Actually, the world’s energy resources are limited. Nobody knows exactly how much fuel is left. However, we also should use them economically and try to find out alternative sources of power.
According to Professor Marvin Burnham of the New England Institute of Technology, we have to start conserving coal, oil and gas before it is too late; and nuclear power is the only alternative.
However, many people do not approve of using nuclear power because it’s very dangerous. What would happen if there was a serious nuclear accident? Radioactivity causes cancer and may badly affect the future generations.
The most effective thing is that we should use natural resources as economically as possible.
1. Many people still believe that natural resources will be used forever.
2. We ought to use energy resources economically.
3. We don’t need to find out new sources of power.
4. Nuclear power is safe.
II. Read the passage above again then answer the questions below. (1.5 pts)
1. Do we know exactly how much fuel is left?
2. Why don’t many people approve of using nuclear power?
3. What is the most effective thing?
I. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one. (1.5 pts)
1. “What about inviting the Browns to the party on Sunday?”, he said.
=> He suggested ……………
2. She couldn’t join us because she was busy.
=> She ……………
3. She was not beautiful, but she took part in a beauty contest.
=> Although she ……………
II. Complete sentences from the words given. (1.0 pt)
1. She /be/ nurse/ who/ look after me.
2. I / happy/ you/ pass/ examination.
KEY : A. LISTENING: 1T; 2T; 3T; 4F
B.1D; 2B; 3C; 4D; 5A
|1. A||2. C||3. A||4. B||5. D|
|6. D||7. C||8. A||9. B||10. D|
|1. T||2. T||3. F||4. F|
II. 1. No, we don’t.
2. (Many people/ They don’t approve of using nuclear power) because it’s very dangerous.
3. The most effective thing is that we should use natural resources as economically as possible.
OR: We should use natural resources as economically as possible.
D. 1. He suggested inviting the Browns to the party on Sunday.
OR: He suggested (that) we/ they should invite the Browns to the party on Sunday.
2. She was busy, so she couldn’t join us. = She was busy./; Therefore, she couldn’t join us.
OR: She couldn’t join us as/ since/for she was busy. (có thể linh động khi HS làm theo cách này)
3. Although she was not beautiful, she took part in a beauty contest.
II.1. She is the nurse who looked/ is looking/ has looked/ looks after me.
OR: She was the nurse who looked after me.
2. I am happy that you passed/ have passed the/ your examination.
OR: I was happy that you passed the/ your examination.