Thử sức Thi – kiểm tra kì 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 năm 2016 đã được dethikiemtra.com cập nhật chi tiết tại đây. Các em cùng làm và ôn tập thật tốt để chuẩn bị cho kì thi sắp tới nhé.
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA CUỐI HỌC KÌ 1
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH – 10
Thời gian làm bài 60 phút
1. Choose the word or phrase among A, B, C or D which best completes each sentence.
1. Would you mind _____________- me a hand with these bags ?
A. give B. gave C. giving D. to giving
2. Yesterday when I ____________- at the station, the train __________- for 15 minutes.
A. arrived- have left
B.arrived- has left
C.arrived- had left
D.had arrived- left
3. Marie Curie earned a degree in Physics with flying colours
A. with a very high mark B. easily
C.difficultly D. badly
4. Fax machine____________- send or receive letter quickly.
A. is used for B. is used to
C.used for D. used to
5. I haven’t seen my parents _____________- last Christmas.
A. already B. before
C.for D. since
6. In spite of her deafness, she played the violin very well.
A. Inability to hear
B.Inability to see
C.Inability to speak
7. ___________- do you earn ? – About $250 a week.
A. How much B. What C. Which D. How many
8. Some English people spent 18 hours per week _________- TV.
A. watch B. watching C. to watch 8. for watching
9. The chilren are looking forward ____________their grandmother again.
D. to be seen
10. Hurry up! The next bus________________ at 7 :15.
A. leave B. leaves C. will leave D. is leaving
11. _____________- is your new school? – It’s very big.
C.What D. Which
12. What makes computer a miraculous device ?
A. wonderful B. strange C. magical D. powerful
13. I work from Tuesday to Saturday , and Sunday and Monday are on my ____________________.
A. working days B. days off C. breaks D. days out
14. Galileo____________- his first telescope in 1609.
A. has built B. built C. builds D. had built
15. Although they were very poor, the children seemed happy.
A. The children seemed unhappy because they were very poor
B.he children were very poor, so they seemed happy.
C.In spite of their poverty, the children seemed happy.
D.The children seemed happy whether they were very poor
16. Mr. Snow ____________- that course since 1985.
A. haven’t taught B. taught
C.hasn’t taught D. have been taught
17. They try to find a way of bettering their lives
A. improving B. changing C. moving D. achieving
18. If the weather_________- fine, we will go on a picnic.
A. would be B. were C. is D. will be
19. When I was a child, I_______- go to the zoo with my father on Sundays.
A. was used to B. was used for
D. used to
20. _____________- you study harder, you won’t pass the final exam.
A. If B. If not C. Unless D. Without
21. __________- the storm warnings, we did not go out last night.
A. Since B. Because of C. In spite of D. The result
22. My favourite _______________- at the school was mathematics.
A. class B. topic C. subject D. theme
23. We are content with what we do.
A. satisfied with B. interested in
C.disappointed with D. excited about
24. I enjoy ____________- to music while I’m studying.
A. listened B. to listening C. listen D. listening
25. Look at those dark clouds ! – ‘Yes, it ____________- in some minutes.
A. is raining B. is going to rain
C.will rain D. are going to rain
26. “I will answer the phone” said the secretary
A. The secretary said she answers the phone.
B.The secretary said she will answer the phone.
C.The secretary said she had to answer the phone.
D.The secretary said she would answer the phone.
27. The picnic was cancelled because it rained.
A. We postponed the picnic, whether it rained or not
B.We planed to go on a picnic because we didn’t know it would rain.
C.Despite the rain, we went on a picnic as planned.
D.The picnic was cancelled because of the rain.
II. Pick out one word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from those of the others
1. A. Nervous
2. A. Flood B. Foot C. Look D. Good
3. A. Nurse B. Excursion C. Sun-burn D. Picture
4. A. Increase B. Leave C. Ready D. Eat
III : Pick out the word that has the stress pattern different from that of the other words.
33. A. Communication
C.Interaction D. Entertainment
34. A. Television B. Internet C. Interfere D. beautiful
35. A. Permit B. Relax C. Picnic D. Visit
IV. Read the text carefully and then choose the correct answers:
In 1816, there were no schools for the deaf in this country. Several people attempted to start schools, but all the schools closed. There were too many problems. The first people who succeeded were Laurent Clerc and Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet. They opened their school in 1817, and the school did not close. It was named the Connecticut Asylum for the Education and Instruction of Deaf and Dumb Persons. It was the only school for deaf children in America!
Clerc and Gallaudet did not know what would happen after they opened their school. They worked very hard. The school grew, more and more students enrolled. These new students were from all over the country. People thought the school would be big enough for all of the deaf children in America. The school is still open today, but the name was changed. Today it is called The American School for the Deaf. It is in West Hartford, Connecticut.
36. The word ‘‘attempted’’in line 1 can best be replaced by_______
tried planned agreed wanted
37. What is true about the American School for the Deaf ?
A. Its students are from Connecticut only
B.It was opened in 1816.
C.It started as a small school and became bigger.
D.It is the only school for deaf children in America
38. Laurent Clerc and Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet are those who__________
A. were successful opening a school for deaf people in America.
B.opened the first school for deaf people in 1816.
C.had problems opening the school for deaf people.
D.changed the name of their school
39. What can be the best title for the passage ?
A. Laurent Clerc and Thomas Hopkins
B.Difficulties of building schools for disabled children.
C.Education for the deaf and the dumb.
D.The American School for the Deaf
40. Difficulties of building schools for disabled children.
C.liked D. worked