Đề thi khảo sát chất lượng học kì 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 năm học 2018 – 2019 có đáp án chi tiết trường THPT Hùng Vương, Hưng Yên: What is the passage above mainly about?
Sở GD-ĐT Tỉnh Hưng Yên Thi KSCL Ki 1 – Năm học 2018 -2019
Trường THPT Hùng Vương Môn: Tiếng Anh 10 Ban CB
Thời gian: 45 phút
I. Select the antonym of the following bold and underlined word in each sentence in the unit:
1. Gradually more children were sent to the class as their parents realized that the young teacher was trying her best to help their poor kids.
A. strong B. lucky C. rich D. good
2. Look at the illustrations of different parts of a computer system.
A. similar B. average C. together D. pure
II. Choose the correct words to complete the sentences:
Yesterday afternoon while Dung (3)_______ in her study, Quang (4)_______ in and (5)_______ her to lend him an English exercise book. “I (6)_______ tomorrow’s English lesson,” he (7)_______ , “and I (8)_______ a few words that I (9)_______ .”
3. A. am reading B. read C. was reading D. have read
4. A. came B. had came C. come D. has come
5. A. asks B. asked C. had asked D. asking
6. A. prepairing B. prepair C. prepaired D. am preparing
7. A. said B. has said C. had said D. say
8. A. find B. had found C. have found D. found
9. A. don’t know B. wasn’t known C. am not known D. hasn’t known
III. choose the best answer
10. Make questions with underlined parts : It usually rains in the summer
A. where does it usually rain ? B. when does it usually rain in the summer ?
C. when does it usually rain ? D. why does it usually rain in the summer?
11. She refused the job …………the high salary.
A. because of B. in spite of C. because D. although
12. she is a Miss World. she must be very …………………
A. beautyful B. beautify C. beautician D. beauty
13. We arrived late ………… the bad weather.
A. in spite of B. although C. because of D. because
14. she drinks ………………… every day
A. a packet of lemonate B. a bottle of lemonate
C. a bar of lemonate D. a box of lemonate
15. Fill in the blanks with suitable wh-question words
……………will captain the team if Nick isn’t available? – Jackson
A. which B. why C. what D. who
16. He …………….. my work till I threatened ……… him
A. kept on criticizing/ to hiting B. kept on criticizing/ hiting
C. kept on criticizing/ to hit D. kept on to criticize/ to hit
17. The windows are dirty. They need ……… , but I can’t ……. them because I am sick
A. to clean/ clean B. cleaning / clean C. cleaning / ceaning D. cleaning / to clean
18. My mother – in – law usually ________ breakfast at 7.00.
A. haves B. have C. to have D. has
19. Does she live in ……..?
A. a house big blue walled B. a blue big walled house
C. a walled big blue house D. a big blue walled house
20. Would you mind _______ more clearly, please?
A. spoke B. speak C. speaking D. to speak
21. By the end of last summer, the farmers _______ all the crop.
A. had harvested B. harvested C. harvest D. are harvested
Choose the word whose pronunciation is differently from the others in each group:
22. A. stopped B. naked C. called D. knocked
23. A. relatives B. neighbors C. friends D. photographs
24. A. writers B. snacks C. follows D. titles
IV. Find the one mistake (A, B, C or D) in these sentences and then correct them
25. How long does the coach journey from Ben Tre and Ho Chi Minh city take?
A B C D
26. I’m going to meet a woman with whom I used to studying.
A B C D
27. Men have traveled for they first appeared on the earth, haven’t they?
A B C D
28. Her well-known film, that won several awards, was about the life of Lenin.
A B C D
29. When you go out in the hot sun, you should always put cream on your skin to avoid to get sun-burnt A B C D
V. Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others in each group:
30. A. arrive B. routine C. prefer D. morning
31. A. neighbor B. correct C. dinner D. harrow
VI. Read the passage below carefully, and then choose the best answer:
Conservation conflicts arise when natural-resource shortages develop in the face of steadily increasing demands from a growing human population. Controversy frequently surrounds how a resource should be used, or allocated, and for whom. For example, a river may supply water for agricultural irrigation, habitat for fish, and water-generated electricity for a factory. Farmers, fishers, and industry leaders vie for unrestricted access to this river, but such freedom could destroy the resource, and conservation methods are necessary to protect the river for future use.
Conflicts worsen when a natural resource crosses political boundaries. For example, the headwaters, or source, of a major river may be located in a different country than the country through which the river flows. There is no guarantee that the river source will be protected to accommodate resource needs downstream. In addition, the way in which one natural resource is managed has a direct effect upon other natural resources. Cutting down a forest near a river, for instance, increases erosion, the wearing away of topsoil, and can lead to flooding. Eroded soil and silt cloud the river and adversely affect many organisms such as fish and important aquatic plants that require clean, clear freshwater for survival.
32. Which sentence below is true?
A. There is assurance that the river source will be confined to provide accommodation for resource needs downstream.
B. Conflicts improve when a natural resource crosses political borders.
C. The source of a main river may be located in the country through which the river flows than a different country.
D. The way where one ordinary source is managed has a direct effect upon other ordinary sources.
33. When do conflicts decline?
A. when a natural resource crosses political borders
B. when freedom could destroy the resource
C. when eroded soil and silt cloud affect many organisms
D. when natural-resource shortages increase in the features of gradually increasing demands from a rising human population
34. What does “supply” in line 4 mean?
A. cover B. provide C. make up for D. compensate for
35. What does “arise” in line 1 mean?
A. spring up B. stand up C. sit up D. get up
36. Which sentence below is not correct?
A. Argument often surrounds how a source should be used, or allocated, and for whom.
B. Conservation methods are incidental to care for the river for future use.
C. A river may provide water for agricultural irrigation, habitat for fish, and water-generated electricity for a factory.
D. Farmers, fishers, and industry leaders vie for open access to this river.
37. What is the passage above mainly about?
A. Natural-resource shortages B. Agricultural irrigation
C. Conservation conflicts D. The headwaters of a major river
38. What may bring water to agricultural irrigation?
A. topsoil B. a forest C. erosion D. a river
VII. Select the synonym of the following bold and underlined word in each sentence in the unit:
39. What would happen to the disabled children in Tra Xuan Commune if a special class was not organized for them?
A. take B. go to C. occur D. leave for
40. The President escaped through a secret passage underneath the parliament building.
A. confidence B. basis
Đáp án mã đề: 158
01. C; 02. A; 03. C; 04. A; 05. B; 06. D; 07. A; 08. A; 09. A; 10. C;
11. B; 12. A; 13. C; 14. B; 15. D; 16. C; 17. B; 18. D; 19. D; 20. C;
21. A; 22. C; 23. D; 24. B; 25. C; 26. D; 27. A; 28. A; 29. D; 30. D;
31. B; 32. D; 33. A; 34. B; 35. A; 36. B; 37. C; 38. D; 39. C; 40. D;