Cùng tham khảo đề thi học kì 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 năm 2016 được Dethikiemtra.com cập nhật chi tiết dưới đây. Các em cùng làm để làm quen với cấu trúc đề thi và ôn tập thật tốt.
ĐÊ KIỂM TRA HK 1
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH 11 – Năm học 2016 – 2017
I. phonetics (2maks)
A. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the other three.
1. A. event
2. A. version
3. A. happy
4. A. hobby
B.Choose the word which is stressed differently from that of the other three.
- A. attitude
- A. charity
- A. sociable
- A. practical
II. READING (1mark): Read the passage and choose the best answer A, B, C or
What qualities and skills do you need to become a volunteer ? You have to be able to deal with stress, and you need to be able to work independently as well as in a team. You are not required, however, to have medical qualifications. Besides medical professionals, MSF needs the skilled support of technical staff such as building engineers and food experts.
The reaction of volunteers returning from MSF speaks for itself “One of my biggest challenges was organizing a team to open a new hospital in a town that had had no medical care for three years,” one volunteer said. This volunteer concluded that the project was a success for two reasons: the reduction of deaths and the fact that the local people were so thankful. Another volunteer says, “With MSF, I have had the chance to travel and test my skills to the limits both professionally and personally. The rewards can be enormous“.
1. The word “enormous” in the last sentence means___________
A. very big
D.all are correct
2. MSF is abbreviation for the world’s largest independent organization, named ____________
A. Médicins Sans Frontières
C.Medical School Fund
B.Medical Care Family
D.all are correct
3. All of these are mentioned in the passage EXCEPT
A. In order to become a volunteer in MSF, you are able to work under stress.
B.In order to become a volunteer in MSF, you must have medical qualifications.
C.In order to become a volunteer in MSF, you can work independently.
D.In order to become a volunteer in MSF, you can work and get on well with others in a group.
4. If you are _________________- , you’ll be welcomed with open arms to MFS
A. building engineers
D.all are correct
III. GRAMMAR (3marks): Choose the best answer A, B, C or D
1. The train _____________- through the tunnel when it suddenly
A. was going / stopped
B.went / was stopping
C.went / stopped
D.was going / was stopping
2. He is coming here to take ____________- in a discussion program this afternoon..
3. You are __________- your time trying to persuade him. He will never help you.
4. They ___________dinner when the earthquake
A. were having / happened
C.had / was happening
B.had / happened
D.were having / was happening
5. We’ll be late for school __________- we hurry up.
6. We all agree __________- you whenever you are in need.
7. I advised him __________- too much about the result of the test.
A. not to worrying
D.not to worry
8. The speaker walked out of the hall, __________- happily with the teacher and __________- by a group of students.
A. talking / followed
B.talking / following
C.talked / followed
D.to talk / to be followed
9. Instead of __________- about the good news, Tom seemed to be indifferent.
D.to be excited
10. He said he’d __________- stay home than go to that terrible party.
11. I’m looking forward __________- you soon.
A. to see
C.to be seen by
D.to have seen
12. He’s a very selfish man. He always thinks about ___________.
A. his colleagues
13. The mountain climbers are in danger of __________- by an avalanche.
14. John got into trouble when he refused __________- his briefcase for the customs officer.
C.to be opened
15. He has not talked to us ___________.
A. three weeks ago
B.since three weeks
C.for three weeks
D.during three weeks
IV. ERROR IDENTIFICATION (1mark).
Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in standard English.
1. She was waiting nervous in the waiting room for the interview.
A B C D
2. In New York I took the subway by myself although I have been
told that it was dangerous.
3. We will be leaving to Ho Chi Minh City next Monday.
A B C D
4. Some studies show that young babies prefer the smell of milk
than that of other liquids.
V. WRITING (1mark).
Rewrite the following sentences with the meaning unchanged.
1. “It’s nice of you to give me the present. Thank you.” said Alice.
Alice thanked _____________________________________________
2. It’s necessary to water those plants regularly.
Those plants need __________________________________________
VI. LISTENING (2marks).
Task 1: Christina is being interviewed about the most unforgettable experience in her life. Listen to the interview and decide whether the statements are true or false
1. The fire happened thirty years ago.
2. The fire started in the kitchen because she forgot to turn off the lights.
3. When the fire started Christina was sleeping.
4. Her father came and rescued her.
Task 2. Listen carefully and fill in the gaps in the summary of Christina’s story below.
Although I lost many things in the fire, the experience helped me to grow up. Before the fire, I was selfish. I always complained to my mother about how (1) ____________- my room was or how few clothes I had. Then the fire came and (2) ____________- everything we owned. But slowly I began to (3) ____________- that I didn’t really need my old things. I just needed my family. After all, you can get new clothes anytime, but a family can never be (4) _____________. It is true that the fire (5) ____________- many things from me, but it gave me something, too. It taught me to appreciate my (6) ____________- more than things.
THIS IS THE END OF THE TEST