Đề thi học kì 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 9 của Sở giáo dục Đồng Nai năm học 2018 – 2019: What did the writer like most about living in the countryside?
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO ĐỒNG NAI ĐỀ KIỂM TRA HỌC KỲ I LỚP 9
ĐỀ CHÍNH THỨC NĂM HỌC 2018-2019
Môn: Tiếng Anh ( Chương trình tiếng anh 7 năm)
Thời gian: 60 phút (Gồm cả phần listening)
(Đề thi này có 04 trang)
MÃ ĐỀ: 01
SECTION 1: LISTENING
Part 1: What did these people do on the weekend? Listen and coose the correct answer. Wrte A,B,C or d on the answer sheet.
1. He ________________________
A. Watched an adventure movie on TV C. Went to the movie
B. played video games D. slept all the weekend
A. Stayed at home C. Went to the beach for the weekend
B. went out swimming D. went to the mountain
3. He _______________________
A. Read a lot of interesting magazines C. borrowed some books at the library
B. Did nothing because he felt bored. D. read an intersting book
4. She ______________________
A. Went out with friends C. played tennis
B. Went to a concert D. watched a soccer game
5. She ______________________
A. Stayed at home and watched TV. C. took an exam
B. Studied for an exam D. went out with friends
Part 2: You will hear a conversation a holiday English course.As you listen, fill in the approriate information for question 6-10. Write the word(s) on the answer sheet.
HOLIDAY ENGLISH COURSE
Students must be: (6) _________________ years old or more.
Starting date: (7) ______________________ July.
Students stay with: (8) English ____________________
Price of course (9) £ ___________________________
College in: (10) ______________________ street.
SECTION 2: PHONETICS, VOCABULARY, GRAMMAR AND READING
Choose the correct answer A,B,C or D to complete the sentences ( or as directed). Write A,B,C,Donthe answer sheet.
11. Choose the words(s) which is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in the following sentences.
We spent an enjoyable evening boating in the river
A. Pleasant B. boring C. uncomfortable D. free
12. Choose the word(s) which is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in the following sentence
The old banyan tree is at the entrance to the village.
A. Door B. exit C. path D. window
13. People use the Internet formany purposes, ________________?
A. do they B. don’t they C. does it D. doesn’t it
14. Pick out the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the rest
A. played B. worked C. watched D. practiced
15. It takesme a week ___________________ this dress.
A. make B. to make C. made D. making
16. He used to ___________________ to school because he lived near school.
A. to walk B. walking C. walked D. walk
17. Nguyen Du is considered one of the most famous Vietnamese ________________
A. poetry B. poems C. poets D. poet
18. Vietnamese women prefer to wear modern clothing ____________ work.
A. at B. in C. to D. with
19. Choose the underlined part that needs correction in the following sentence.
I look forward to hearfrom my mother soon
B C D
20. Choose the underlined part that needs correction in the following question:
What have fashion designers done to mordernization the Ao Dai?
A B C D
Read this passage and fill in the numbered blanks from 21-25 with the words given. There are TWO extra words that you don’t need to use. Write your words on your answer sheet.
Dictionary – interesting – interested – vocabulary – make – making – exercise
IDEAS FOR LEARNING LANGUAGES
We’d like to give you some ideas for learning languages. It is one of the most (21)_______ things you can do with your free time. It’s hard work, but it’s also a lot of fun. These are some things you can do to help improve your level in the languages you are studying.
– Do grammar (22)_____________. Grammar is very important.
– Chat to lots of different people as often as you can.
– Read as much as you can- magazines articles, books, websites.
– Don’t worry about (23)____________mistakes.
– Learn how to spell words correctly.
– Make a list of new (24)___________ and then play games with the words to help you learn them.
– When you read or hear a word you don’t know, try to guess its meaning. You can then check in your (25) _____________
– Listen as often as you can- to the radio, to songs, and to people talking
Read and choose the best answer A,B,C or D.
The things I likes most when I lived in the countryside was the change of the seasons. Spring, summer, autumn and winter – I could see them all come and go each one was completely different. Now in the city, I can buy summer flowers in winter and eat the same vegetables all year round. Whereas, in the country, I could only eat things at certain times of the year – for example, strawberries in June and turnips in winter. I had a hapy childhoodwith the seasons then.
I also made most of my food and would never eat frozen or canned food. Everything was fresh, so it was much better than the type of food I have now in the city. City people may think people in the country miss a lot of things about mordern life. In fact, in my opinion, they miss a lot more than people in the country- they miss their real life.
26. What did the writer like most about living in the countryside?
A. The vegetables B. the flowers
C. the strawberries D. the change of the seasons
27. What does the word them in line 2 refer to?
A. Sring and summer B. Autumn and winter
C. The four seasons D. The country people
28. When could the writer buy stawberries when living in the countyside?
A. In June B. In Spring C. In winter D. In every season.
29. Why would the writer never eat canned food when living in the ccountryside?
A. Because it was expensive B. Because it was not fresh.
C. Because it was frozen D. Because it was better than the the food now
30. According to the passage, which sentence is not TRUE?
A. In the city, the writer can buy summer flowers in winter.
B. The writer had a hapy childhood with the seasons when living in the country.
C. The wruter thinks that country people miss a lot of things about mordern life.
D. The food which the witer has now in the city is not as good as the food he/ she had in the country.
SECTION 3: WRITING
For each question, complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first.
31. “ I’m leaving for Hue tomorrow” She said.
She said __________________________________
32. I can’r speak Enlish very well.
I wish ______________________________________
33. The last time I saw her was in 2015.
I haven’t ____________________________________
34. Tuyet worked harder than Nga
Nga did not ________________________________
35. They are going to build a new bridge in this area.
A new bridge ___________________________
36. Between 80and 100 words, write a letter . You can use the set of suggested words or create your own idea.
– I / arrive / Ha Noi / 5 o’clock yesterday morning
– I / staying / nice / hotel
– It / not far / city center
– I / already / see/ Uncle Ho’s Mausoleum / some / places / of interest there
– Tomorrow / going / trip / Ha Long Bay
– I / never / be / here / before.
– I / be / excited / trip / not sleep
– I / be / home / Sunday, Nov 10th
– I / tell / you / more / trip / when / be / Hue
– I / hope / you /well