Đề thi giữa học kì 2 lớp 8 môn Tiếng Anh – Trường THCS Tam Hưng năm học 2016 – 2017.
I. Choose the words which has underlined part pnonounced different from others:
|1. A. resource||B.scout||C.sound||D.proud|
|2. A. recycle||B.sky||C.lovely||D.why|
|3. A. equipment||B.comment||C.improvement||D.development|
|4. A. worke||B.stopped||C.forced||D.wanted|
II. Circle the word which has different stress pattern of the sentences bellow.
III. Select the best options:
1. Peter’s apartment is smaller…………..Daisy’s.
a. that b. the c. than d. those
2. I______it 5 years ago
a. have seen b. saw c. was seeing d. am seeing.
3. It’s very kind________you to help me.
a. for b. at c. off d. of
4. Would you mind________I smoked here.
a. When b. that c. if d. for
5. The old lamp________in China is 5 dollars
a. to be making b. making c. made d. make
6. Millions of Chirsmas card_______every year.
a. sent b. are sent c. send d. is sending.
7. Lan enjoys ……………the piano.
A. play B.playing C.plays D.played
8. I am buying paint …………….paint the front door.
|a. so as||b. in order to||c. in order||d. so|
VI. Complete the following sentences by using the suggested words
1. How about / go / Da Lat / this summer vacation?
2. Nam / always / watching / TV / evening.
3. He / used / swim / river / when / he / be / young.
4. Mrs Quyen / go / shopping / while / husband / visit / Statue of Liberty.
V- . Fill in the blank with the correct form of verbs:
1. The glass is (break)…………………………into small piece..
2. He will (play) ……………………. sports in the afternoon.
3. I was delighted (get)…………………. your letter.
4. Do you mind if I (play)……………………… video games in here?
VI. Read the passage and answer the questions below.
In the USA, millions of old car tires are thrown away every year. But tires can be recycled to make pipes and floor covering. Nowadays, many people wear shoes and sandals made from old car tires. Farmers have recycled their waste for thousands of years. They also collect household and garden waste to make compost. Compost is a wonderful natural fertilizer. It helps plant grow.
1- How many old car tires are thrown away in the USA every year?
2- What do people wear made from old car tires nowadays?
3- How long have farmers recycled their waste?
4- What do they collect to make compost?
5- Is compost a wonderful natural fertilizer?
VII. Complete the second sentences
1. Lan will give us some flowers next week. (passive)
=> We will be
2. May I use your phone? (Rewrite the request, using “Would you mind if I … ?)
=> Would you mind if …?
3. Hung went to her house so as to see her. (in order to/ so as to)
=> Hung went to her house in order
4. The girls are Nga and Lan. They are playing chess. ( ing- participles)
=> The girls
Đáp án đề thi giữa kì 2 môn Anh 8
Ex1: 1A; 2C;3B; 4D
Ex2: 1D; 2D
Ex3: 1C; 2B; 3D;4C; 5C; 6B; 7B; 8B
Ex4: 1. How about gong to Dalat this summer vacation.
2. Nam is always watching TV in the evening.
3. He used to swim in the/this river when he was young.
4. Mrs Quyen went shopping while her husband was visiting the Statue of Liberty.
Ex5:1. broken; 2. play; 3. to get ; 4. play
Ex6:1.Millions of old car tires are thrown away every year.
2. People wear shoes and sandals made from old car tires
3. Farmers have recycled their waste for thousands of years
4. They also collect household and garden waste to make compost
5. Yes, it is.
Ex7: 1. We will be given some flowers by Lan next week.
2. Would you mind if I used your phone?
3. Hung went to her house in order to see her.
4. The girls playing are Nga and Lan.