[Phòng GD&ĐT Bình Giang] Đề thi học kì 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8 năm 2015 có đáp án.
I. Listen to the weather forecast and choose the best option marked A, B, C or D to complete each sentence. (2.5 pts)
1. In the North of the country, it’s very ___________.
A. windy and cold
B.sunny and cloudy
C.rainy and cloudy
D.dry and windy
2. And the temperature is around _________- degrees centigrade.
3. In the East, it’s _________- all day today.
4. In the West and middle of the country, the weather is ____________.
A. windy and wet
C.dry but cloudy
5. In the South of the country, the temperature is around _________- degrees.
II. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently. (0.5 pt)
|1. A. dry||B.empty||C.recycle||D.try|
|2. A. festival||B.fetch||C.contest||D.reduce|
|3. A. printer||B.mix||C.rice||D.trip|
|4. A. computer||B.plug||C.sunny||D.run|
|5. A. whether||B.who||C.while||D.when|
III. Choose the best option marked A, B, C or D to complete each sentence. (2.0 pts)
1. A contest in which participants have to cook rice is called a_________contest.
2__________- moving your car? – No, of course not.
|A. Can you||B.Could you||C.Will you||D.Would you mind|
3. I don’t know how________- this game.
|A. play||B.played||C.to play||D.playing|
4. Hoa asked Nga _________- she knew Ha Long Bay.
5. Finally, we decided __________to the cinema.
|A. going||B.go||C.to go||D.to going|
6. We ___________dinner when the telephone rang.
|A. were having||B.had||C.have||D.are having|
7. The girl __________next to Lan is a new student.
|A. standing||B.stand||C.to stand||D.stood|
8. They got up early ___________- get to the meeting on time.
|A. so to||B.as to||C.in order that||D. in order to|
IV. Read the text/passage carefully then answer the questions below. (2.5 pts)
Viet Nam’s New Year is celebrated according to the Lunar calendar. It’s officially known as Tet Nguyen Dan, or Tet. It begins between January twenty-first and February nineteen. The exact date changes from year to year. Several weeks before Tet, Vietnamese people usually tidy their houses, cook special food, clean and make offerings on the family altars to make preparations for Tet. On the New Year’s Eve, people sit up to midnight to see the New Year in, then they put on new clothes and give one another the greeting of the season. Tet lasts about ten days. The first three days are the most important. Vietnamese people believe that how people act during those days will influence the whole year. As a result, they make every effort to avoid arguments and smile as much as possible.
1. Is Tet celebrated according to the Lunar calendar?
2. When does Tet begin?
3. What do Vietnamese people usually do to make preparations for Tet?
4. What do people give one another on the New Year’s Eve?
5. How long does Tet last?
V. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one. (1.5 pts)
1. Alexander Bell invented the telephone.
=> The telephone …………………
2. “Is My Son in Quang Nam province, Nga?”, Nhi said.
=> Nhi asked Nga …………………
3. We haven’t seen each other for two years.
=> The last time …………………..
VI. Rearrange the jumbled words to make meaningful sentences. (1.0 pt)
1. is/ forgetting/ Bao/ always/ his homework.
2. mind/ if/ Do/ sit/ down/ you/ I?
|1.B||2. D||3. C||4. A||5. B|
|1.B||2. D||3C||4. B|
|5. C||6. A||7. A||8. D|
1. Yes, it is./ Yes.
2. It begins between January twenty-first and February nineteen.
3.Vietnamese people usually tidy their houses, cook special food, clean and make offerings on the family altars to make preparations for Tet.
4. People/ They give one another the greeting of the season (on the New Year’s Eve).
5. Tet lasts about ten days.
1. The telephone was by Alexander Bell.
2. Nhi asked Nga if My Son was in Quang Nam province.
3. The last time we saw each other was two years ago.
1. Bao is always forgetting his homework.
2. Do you mind if I sit down?