Chi tiết đề kiểm tra kiến thức cuối năm học lớp 8 trường THCS Biên Giới môn Tiếng Anh, đề thi gồm 5 phần như sau…Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best completes the sentence
SECTION I. LISTENING. (1.5 points – 0.5/each)
Part 1. Listen to the recording twice. Choose the correct answer from A, B or C for each question.
1. How often does he travel?
A. Every month. B. Every Summer C. Every winter
2. Where is Mr Ward going this time?
A. Turkey. B. Italy. C. Spain.
3. How does he spend his time at the airport?
A. He reads the news in the newspaper.
B. He reads different magazines.
C. He plays games on his phone.
Part 2. Listen to the recording twice. Fill in each blank with no more one word or number.
1. We’re moving on the ………………………………..of June
2. The party won’t start until ………………………………..
3. Don’t bring any …………………………………
SECTION II. PRONUNCIATION. (1 point – 0.25/ each)
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others
1. A. demonstrate B. deposit C. spell D. memory
2. A. called B. played C. cooked D. phoned
3. A. machine B. chair C. watch D. chore
4. A. highlight B.unite C. excited D. injure
SECTION III. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY. (2.5 points – 0.25/each)
Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best completes the sentence.
1. –“Could you give me a bandage, please?” –“________.”
A. I don’t think so B. Sure. Here you are. C. Yes,please D. I hope so
2. Miss Linh asked her students ________ throw used things away.
A. don’t B. not C. to not D. not to
3. The ________ have to cook rice in this rice –cooking contest.
A. freshman B. contestant C. participants D. competitor
4. We don’t know where ________ for our holidays!
A. to go B. going C. go D. be gone
5. Compost is made from ________ and garden waste.
A. family B. home C. house D. household
6. She asked me ________ I liked eating vegetables.
A. and B. but C. if D. then
7. Do you mind if I ________ a message for him?
A. leave B. to leave C. left D. leaving
8. A new bridge will ________ across Thu Thiem River.
A. is built B. be built C. to be built D. being built
9. The flowers _______ in red paper are very cheap.
A. wrapping B. wrap C. wrapped D. to wrap
10. If people are interested in protecting the ________, our Earth will be greener & cleaner.
A. environment B. neighborhood C. residence D. living
Part 2. Give the correct form of the word in each bracket. (1 point / 0.25 each)
1. Do you mind if I (turn) ………………………………..on the TV?
2. We (not eat) ………………………………..seafood in that restaurant yet.
3. Every week, there are two (fly) ………………………………..from Ha Noi to Nha Trang.
4. A lot of tourists want to visit some (ocean) ………………………………..institutes of Hawaii.
SECTION IV. READING COMPREHENSION:
Part 1. Choose the word that best fits each of the blank spaces (1.0 point – 0.25/each)
In Britain, the milkmen (1) ________ bottles of milk to houses and collect the empty ones. The empty bottles are then cleaned and refilled. Every milk bottle can be reused thirty times. People throw (2) ________ billions of cans every year all over the world. In Oregon, the government made a new law several years ago. They said that there must be a (3) ________ on all drink cans. The deposit is (4) ________ when people bring the cans back for recycling.
1. A. get B. bring C. arrange D. collect
2. A. from B. for C. away D. with
3. A. deposit B. fabric C. box D. compost
4. A. reused B. given C. sent D. returned
Part 2. Reading the passage carefully then answer the questions bellow. (1.5 points – 0.5/each)
Tet is a national and traditional festival in Viet Nam. It is occasion for every Vietnamese to be reunited to think about their past activities and hope for good luck in the year to come. Before Tet all houses are white washed and decorated with yellow apricot flowers and colorful lanterns. Everybody is looking forward to a more favorable life. On the New Year’s Eve, children are smartly dressed. They are hoping to receive money put in small red envelopes as they are wishing longevity to their grandparents and parents.
1. What is everybody looking forward to at Tet?
2. How are all houses decorated before Tet?
3. What do you think about Tet?
SECTION V. WRITE: (2 points – 0.5/each)
Part 1. Rewrite the following sentences as directed:
1. The taxi broke down. It was taking us to the airport.
The taxi ____________________________
2. Could you explain this sentence to me?
Would you mind ______________________?
Part 2. Rearrange the following words to make meaningful sentences:
1. last night / at / Lan / TV / 8 o’clock / was watching /./
2. Heritage Site / asked us / Ha Long Bay / Cultural World / was the / She / if /./