Đề kiểm tra học kì II lớp 8 môn tiếng Anh trường THCS Nguyễn Huệ năm học 2015 – 2016
I. Circle the best option A, B, C or D to complete each of the following sentences. (3.0 points)
1 .Millions of Christmas cards… every year.
A. is sent
2. I don’t know how…this game.
3. I take part… most of the youth activities of my school.
4. We’re looking forward to… you earlier.
5. He had his father… his watch.
6. Luckily, Peter had…to finish his final exam.
A. many time
7. Tom… his hand when he was cooking the dinner.
8. I must go now. I promised … late.
A. not being
B.not to be
C.to not be
D.not be no
9. Would you mind if I… a photo?
10. I… Cuba in 1990.
11. It is… to find an expensive hotel in this town.
12…you ever… to America yet?
A. Have …been
C.Were … been
D.Are … been
II. Write the correct form of the words in brackets. (1.0 point)
1. Stop, Nam! It’s…………..to be near the stove. (danger)
2 .The glass pieces are dried…………………… . (complete)
3. My elder brother studies hard this year in order to pass the…………. exam to the university. (enter)
4. Please confirm your……………. date and time if you want to come with us. (arrive)
III. Complete the second sentence in such a way that it has the same meaning as the first one. (2 points)
1. Clement Clarke Moore wrote the poem in 1823.
⇒ The poem
2. “We are waiting for the school bus”, said the children.
⇒ The children said
3. Roses can’t possibly grow in such poor ground.
⇒ It is impossible
4. The last time I played tennis was in 1990.
⇒ I haven’t
IV. Read the passage and answer the questions. (2 points)
THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA
In China, there is a wall that is 1,500 miles long. It is called the Great Wall of China. It winds uphill and down, through valleys and mountains. It was made by hand. The Great Wall of China was built from 246 – 209 B
C.The people of China made it to keep out their enemies. There are watch towers all along the way. The Wall is made of brick and earth. It is high and wide on top. People can walk along
the top as if it were a road. No other defense line has ever been made as long as the Great Wall of China.
1. Where is the Great Wall?
2. When was it built?
3. What is it made of?
4. What was it built for?