Phòng GD & ĐT Tân Phú tổ chức kiểm tra đánh giá kiến thức cuối học kì 2 lớp 7 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 7…Choose the most suitable word to complete the passage
I. Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C, D) that best fits the space in each sentence (3 points).
1) Minh is good at English. He speaks English very ______________
A. skillfully B. badly C. fluently D. slowly
2) I like swimming. -______________________
A. So do I B. Yes, I do C. I don’t, too D. I don’t either.
3) ___________________? – I’d love to.
A. Do you like playing badminton? B. Would you like to play badminton?
C. Shall we play badminton? D. Let’s play badminton?
4) Playing chess sounds boring ____________ me.
A. at B. in C. on D. to
5) Dr Lai is ______________ his teeth and then gives him some medicine and advice.
A. looking B. taking care C. looking for D. checking
6) Coughing and sneezing are ______________ of a cold.
A. ways B. symptoms C. disease D. signs
7) Nga didn’t come to the party yesterday _______________ she looked after her sick mother.
A. so B. then C. or D. because
8) What places in Nha Trang did you _____________?
A. go B. visit C. come D. see
9) A ______________ means you eat a variety of food without eating too much of anything.
A. balance diet B. balancing diet C. balanced diet D. diet balance
10) Thanks to the internet, it becomes easier for us to ______________ with people who live oversea.
A. keep away B. keep in touch C. take part D. keep on
11) Most of Vietnamese people are very ______________.
A. friendly B. comfortable C. famous D. easy
12) “Come and play soccer.” – “_______________________”
A. No. I’m not free. B. That’s too bad.
C. I’m sorry. I don’t think I can. D. No. Thank you.
II. Read the passage, then choose TRUE or FALSE (1 point).
Thirty years ago in Vietnam, very few people had TV sets. These TV owners were very popular. After dinner, their neighbors gathered both inside and outside their houses. Some watched through the windows.
All evening, they sat and watched the black and while programs. The older people might sleep a little and the children might play with their friends, but no one went home until the TV programs finished.
Times have changed. Today, many families have a TV set. People sit in their own living rooms and watch TV. Life is more comfortable now, but many neighbors don’t spend much time together any more.
13) Thirty years ago in Vietnam, very few people had TV sets.
14) After dinner, their neighbors didn’t gather both inside and outside their houses to watch TV.
15) Thirty years ago in Vietnam, people watched the black and while programs on TV.
16) Today, many families don’t have a TV set.
III. Choose the most suitable word to complete the passage (1.5 points).
Today, more and more people are learning about the importance of having a clean __________ (17) and teeth. When we eat, our teeth can collect food. If we __________ (18) clean our teeth, the food collects between them. This food can start to rot, or __________ (19). Soon the food starts to create bacteria. Bacteria can destroy our teeth and our gums, the skin surrounding our teeth. This can cause a lot of ___________ (20). Bacteria may change the color of teeth. Some people’s teeth can _________ (21) yellow or black. Other people can even start to lose ___________ (22)! And gums can become painful and bleed. Having bad teeth can reduce quality of life.
17) A. mouth B. nose C. ears D. eyes
18) A. does not B. doesn’t C. do not D. do
19) A. go well B. decayed C. get well D. decay
20) A. paint B. pain C. painful D. paints
21) A. turn B. make C. makes D. colours
22) A. his B. our C. your D. their
IV. Use the correct tense or form of the verb given in each sentence (1.5 points).
23) Yesterday I ________________ sick so I didn’t go to the training course. (be)
24) The schools often _______________ many sports activities on Teacher’s Day. (organize)
25) You ought ________________ your homework before going out. (finish)
26) Hoa’s mother wants her _________________ up late. (not stay)
27) Hanh ________________ the flu two days ago. (catch)
28) Every one ______________ the symptoms of a cold but nobody knows a cure. (know)
V. Answer these questions about you (1 point).
29) Would you like to have dinner at my house tonight?
30) What did you do on your last vacation?
31) What should you do when go swimming?
32) What is your favorite sport? Why or why not?
VI. Use the given words to write complete and meaningful sentence (2 points).
33) Not / eat / too much candy / or / stay / late!
34) There / not / many good TV / programs / teenagers.
35) They / buy / a lot / gifts / their friends / Hanoi / last summer vacation.
36) My brother / prefer / play / sports / watch / them.