1. Find the word with a stress pattern that is different from the others. (Tìm từ có trọng âm khác với những từ còn lại.)
1. A. delicious B. encourage
C. excited D. motivate
2. A. physical B. official
C. successful D. surprising
3. A. different B. understand
C. relative D. following
4. A. continue B. amazing
C. annoying D. meaningful
5. A. disappoint B. defining
C. distracting D. specific
6. A. remember B. embarrass
C. introduce D. defining
1. D 2. A 3. B
4. D 5. A 6. C
2. Read the following sentences aloud. Underline the three-syllable adjectives and verbs. Put a mark (‘) before the stressed syllable. (Đọc to các câu sau đây. Nhấn mạnh tính từ và động từ ba âm tiết. Đặt một dấu (‘) trước âm tiết được nhấn trọng âm.)
1. The Internet will motivate students to study more effectively.
2. Our students are very excited when they have opportunities to do physical exercise.
3. Many teachers have now understood the benefits that mobile devices can bring.
4. The ringing sound from mobile phones is disruptive and annoying in the classroom.
5. In the grammar part of this unit we study relative clauses.
6. Some of my classmates think that it is not easy to know which clause is defining and which is non-defining.
4. dis’ruptive, a’nnoying