1. Read the conversation and do the following tasks.
Đọc đoạn hội thoại sau và làm các nhiệm vụ dưới đây.
Mai: … That was about future air travelling. Now we’ll talk about future road transport with slidewalks, skycycling, and bicycles.
Veronica: Slidewalks are similar to moving walkways in airports. When slidewalks replace our pavements they’ll help us move faster.
Phuc: Skycycling tubes hang from monorails and you can cycle while watching the city from above.
Veronica: Intelligent bikes have foldable roof for rainy weather. They’ll never be stolen because they use fingerprint lock.
Mai: All of them are environmentally friendly. Slidewalks use electricity, while skycycling and intelligent bikes use human power. But in our opinion intelligent bikes will be the most common, because building slidewalks and skycycling system can be expensive.
a. Choose the best answer.
1. The group is talking about__________(future air traffic/future sea traffic/future road traffic).
2. What means of transport they think will the most common?______(Slidewalks/Skycyclii/Intelligent bikes).
b. Fill the gaps with either slidewalk, skycycling tube, or intelligent bike.
1. _____________ can replace the pavements.
2. _____________hangs from monorail.
3. _____________ has fingerprint lock.
4. _____________ uses electricity.
5. _____________and______________ use human power.
6. _____________and______________ are expensive to build.
1a. 1. future road traffic; 2. intelligent bikes
1b. 1. Slidewalks; 2. Skycycling tube; 3. An intelligent bike; 4. Slidewalk; 5. Skycycling/intelligent bikes
2. Read the text and answer the question, then do the following tasks.
URBAN TRANSPORT PODS
The people living in Milton Keynes, a town about 70 kilometres northwest of London, have been introduced to a new transport experience when they use’pods’ to travel on certain routes.
The pods are a kind of driverless cars which travel at 19km/h and are able to transport two people and their luggage. There is a touchscreen in the windshield of the pods where passengers select their terminal. During the trip they can also read the news, check e-mails or play video games on the screen. Powered by electric motors, the pods have ultrasonic sensors and a GPS system that help themselves know where they are go?ng and how to avoid obstacles along the way. People can use a smartphone app to hail a pod in :ne street.
Do you think this way of transport will appear in cities in Viet Nam soon?
a. Find in the text words that have similar meanings with these words/phrases.
Tìm từ đồng nghĩa với từ và cụm từ dưới đây.
1. pathways between two particular places
b. Answer the questions.
Trả lời các câu hỏi sau.
1. Where is the project introduced?
2. What can passengers do with the touchscreen?
3. What enables pods to -tere they are going and how to avoid obstacles?
4. Why should you need the smartphone app for pods?
c. Decide if the staments are true (T) or false (F).
Các câu dưới đây đúng (T) hay sai (F).
1. Pods are a type of robot car
2. You can use pods to travel to any place you want.
3. Pods are eco-friendly.
d. Can you answer the question in the text?
Bạn có thể trả lời câu hỏi trong đoạn văn trên không?
2a. 1. routes; 2. terminal; 3. passengers; 4. obstacles; 5. hail
1. In Milton Keynes, a town about 70 kilometres northwest of London.
2. They can select their terminal, read the news, check e-mails or play video games.
3. The ultrasonic sensors and the GPS system.
4. People can use a smartphone app to hail a pod in the street.
1. T (The pods are a type of driverless cars.)
2. F (You can only use the pod to travel on certain routes.)
3. T (The pods are powered by electric motors.)