Read this letter from Lien to her close friend, Mai. Five sentences or parts of the letter are unsuitable because they are too formal. Decide which sentences should be changed and rewrite the letter.
Đọc thư của Liên gửi cho bạn thân, Mai. 5 câu hoặc đoạn của bức thư không phù hợp vì nó quá trang trọng. Quyết định xem câu nào nên được sửa và viết lại bức thư
(1) Dear Mai,
(2) Many thanks for your letter, which I got the other day. (3) I apologise for the delay in not replying sooner. (4) I think the visit to the aquarium sounds like a great idea – this is a good chance for us to see the sea creatures we’ve learnt in our biology lessons. (5) It would give me great pleasure to attend. (6) I would be grateful if you could inform me of the cost of the tickets. (7) By the way, I’m afraid Tam won’t be able to come. (8) I was informed by her mother that she would be taking an examination on that day.
(9) Anyway, I’m really looking forward to seeing you.
(10) Yours sincerely,
(3) I’m sorry, it’s taken me so long to write back.
(5) I’d love to come.
(6) Could you let me know how much the tickets are?
(8) Her mother says she’s got an examination on that day.