Exercise 1. Read aloud these sentences, paying attention to the sounds /ə/ and /3:/.
Đọc to những câu sau, chú ý âm /ə/ và /3:/.
1. There’s a photograph of Barbara on the curtain.
2. Turner’s dirty shirts are the birds’ nest.
3. All of a sudden, Peter turned up at a quarter to seven.
4. Lisa never disturbed her father while he was working.
5. On my last birthday, 1 was given a Turkish purse.
Exercise 2. Put the verbs in brackets in the correct form, using either be going to or the present progressive.
Điền dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc vào chỗ trống, sử dụng “be going to” hoặc thì hiện tại tiếp diễn
1. It’s already 32°C. It (be) __________ very hot today.
2. I (not use) _________ the car this evening, so you can have it.
3. I think it (rain)________ . The sky is so cloudy.
4. We (have)________ a party next Saturday. Would you like to come?
5. He has made up his mind. He (buy)_______ a new motorbike.
6. – I’d like to know whether you (do)________ anything tomorrow morning – No, I’m free. Why?
7. Oh, your luggage is ready now. What time (you/leave)_________ ?
8. Sue (come)_________ to see us tomorrow. She (travel)_______ by train and her train arrives at 10.15.1. I (meet)________ her at the station.
1. is going to be 5. is going to buy
2. am not using 6. are doing
3. is going to rain 7. are (you) leaving
4. are having 8. is coming; is travelling; am meeting
Exercise 3. Read the situations and choose the best answer.
Đọc các tình huống sau và chọn câu trả lời đúng
1. A friend asks you about your holiday plans. Tell him/her that you have decided not to go to the seaside this year.
A. I’m not going to go to the seaside this year.
B. I will not go to the seaside this year.
C. I’m not going to the seaside this year.
D. I’ve decided to stay home.
2. A classmate asks you why you’ve brought your sports kit to the school. Explain that you have arranged to play tennis after school.
A. I will play tennis after school.
B. I’m going to play tennis after school.
C. Hoa asked me to play tennis after school.
D. I’m playing tennis after school.
3. A cousin is telling you about his wedding plans. Ask him where they plan to go for their honeymoon.
A. Where will you go for your honeymoon?
B. Where should you go for your honeymoon?
C. Where are you going for your honeymoon?
D. Where will you be for your honeymoon?
4. You failed an exam last year. Since then you’ve been working hard. Tell your parents it’s because you’re determined not to fail again.
A. I’m not going to fail again.
B. I’m not failing again.
C. I don’t tail again.
D. I’ll not fail again.
5. You’ve been offered a role in a TV film and have accepted. Tell your friends about it.
A. I’ll appear in a TV film.
B. I’m appearing in a TV film.
C. I’m being in a TV film.
D. I’m going to be in a TV film.
1. C 2. D 3. C 4. A 5. D